Friday, September 9, 2011

Articles, and deadlines and ratings--Oh MY!

It's been an interesting year. What am I talking about--it's always an interesting year. My life changes more in an average month than the average person's does in a decade, but I always seem to find myself in the same place I started but in a different position. Strange.

I am in school now, studying Business Administration at South University Online. So far, my grades are really good because the classes are really easy. I mean, I'm the perpetual student at heart so there is really nothing the professors have said that I don't already know. The only difference is that now I am getting the tangible evidence of what I know to show off to those who were doubters. LOL. Seriously, though, I really do need to complete this degree if only to prove to myself that I can. I am determined, and if I can stay on track, I will be done with the Bachelor's Degree portion in 2013. My goal is to have my MBA by 2016 and my DBA by 2020. Of course, if it turns out that the world really does end in 2012, I guess all bets are off. Maybe Jesus will grant me an honorary doctorate for teaching Bible study all these years. (*smiling*)

All the kids are back in school now too. YAYYY!!! My youngest is loving it, but it is a challenge because she has diabetes. I get daily updates from the school nurse, and it is kind of funny when she is trying to figure out why Mary's morning blood sugar is 230 when she claims to have only eaten a cup of sugar free jello for breakfast. I had to let her know that it was not jello but the oatmeal that she ate before leaving home that had her sugar at that level.

Did I tell you I'm writing now? Yeah, full time, freelancing from the comfort of my own bedroom. Fun times... sometimes. There are times, though, that I am tempted to just try to find a real job. However, living in Franklin, LA without a car is different from living in Clearwater, FL or Atlanta, GA because at least there is public transportation in those areas. Here, what passes for public transport is St. Mary CAA's work transportation van, which may or may not get you there on time. Thanks, but no thanks. Right now, I control when and how hard I work. My goal for next month is to make at least as much as the average job outside the home. Currently, I'm making anywhere from $3 to $6 an hour depending on the kind of assignments I take, but that is quickly changing as I develop a reputation on certain sites. On iWriter.com, where I have a 5 star rating, I have one client who likes my writing so much that I am the only writer he will hire to produce content for his new websites. Since it's pretty much the same thing from one site to another, his articles only take about 20 to 30 minutes to write and I am able to complete a 9 article assignment in about 3 hours.

I sometimes struggle to meet the deadlines on the academic writing sites, but because I am a thorough researcher and my results are consistent, requesters are often willing to overlook that. I am getting better with scheduling assignments so that I do not become overwhelmed. It will be great when I get everything lined up so that I am writing for only one site a day or on a similar schedule to that. Right now, it's a matter of finding balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment