Saturday, July 25, 2009

Optimistic About the Days to Come

There are so many opportunities arising for me right now I hardly know where to begin. I got some good news about one of my children's books, "Love Yourself". It started out as just a family history to help my little ones tie themselves to world history (by highlighting famous, infamous, and other notable relatives), and became a universal Afrikan children's story. Instead of just one book, I decided to make it a series of books. Anyway, someone has offered to publish the series! I'm excited because I explained to him that I want realistic illustrations of Afrikan life, and he suggested using photographs instead of drawn illustrations. Between the two of us, we've hatched out some wonderful ideas that should be brought into fruition by the beginning of next year.

I've also been working with this brother who's producing other forms of children's entertainment. He's asked me to do some promotional work for him, which while it won't make me rich, looks like it'll pay off big. I help him bring his products to the south, he helps me get back into business for myself. It's a winning situation all around. I'll be posting more info on that really soon.

As for the old personal life (lol), things have been working themselves out. You know how Lauryn Hill sang, "What you want might make you cry, and what you need might pass you by if you don't catch it..." ("When It Hurts So Bad")? Well, I've seen enough crying to last me a lifetime. Let's just say I'm not about to let what I want get in the way of what I need this time. Not going into much detail on that, just putting it out there.

Well, that's it for now. If you need me, I'll probably be playing Biotronic on fb. Lol. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment